Monday, December 13, 2010

Spa Day for Tango:)




So I decided I've been neglecting my "special" big boy and though since the weather was so gross and I had hardly anything to do on Sunday and it was pouring down rain, that I would spend some quality time with the Lishy-Monster. He seemed genuinely glad to see me, and I was really glad to see him after 3 days.




It has become extremely warms overnight, as what is being called a "pineapple express" (an extremely warm, wet front) moves in from Hawaii. We are expected to have over 3" of rain in the next couple of days, along with wind, thunderstorms (yay!) and flooding. All of our rivers are under flood advisory. Luckily for me both Tango and Ellie are in places that are high and dry. Well...to the best extent that you CAN be in Western Washington!




Anyhow, I decided since it was so warm, I'd strip Tango and groom the heck out of him, and since two of his braids had come undone and subsequently become linked together in a knot of epic proportions, that I should probably unbraid, brush, condition and rebraid his ridiculous mane. I closed his outside door because I had just stripped and rebedded his stall and the torrential rains were being blown so far sideways that the rain was actually reaching nearly to the front of the 12x12 stall!




So I had him stripped and his mane down, and since I haven't gotten any pics of him this way since he's been home, I decided to snap a quick picture for all of you...it is not a good picture, or even one that shows much of anything, since I had to take it from the corner of the stall, but as you can see, he is fat, shiny, and thirsty:) Enjoy!






No comments: